This peice of Le Verre Francais glass is in excellent condition, no chips good strong colours
The Verrerie Schneider company (Schneider Glassware) was founded in 1911 in Epinay-Sur-Seine, in the northern suburbs of Paris in 1911, by brothers Ernest and Charles Schneider, who had trained and worked for both the Galle and Daum companies. It was Charles who took up the position of glass designer and technical promotion.
The began producing cameo glass in the Art Nouveau style, vases with applied handles in contrasting colours and art glass.
In 1918, Galle’s studios were destroyed by fire and a number of his artists moved to Schneider’s factory to continue their work for Galle. Here they taught Schneider the decorative technique of ‘marqueterie de verre’, where coloured glass shapes are pressed into glass of a different colour to form a pattern or image.
After the 1925 Paris Exhibition, Schneider’s factory, now operating under the name Verrerie Schneider, expanded enormously and took on commissions from shops and perfumeries such as Coty.
20 cm high 11.5 cm wide.